Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

Forever Nigella: Glitzy Chocolate Puddings

I am taking part in my very first food blogger event and I'm very excited!!! This one is hosted by Maison Cupcake and the theme is 'Seduced by Chocolate'! Factor in the fact that I have a foodie crush on Nigella and that I'm totally obsessed with chocolate and this month's theme couldn't be any more perfect!


On an aside, I've named my new mixer (who features proudly in some of the photos) Nigella. Oh, I should probably mention that I'm someone who names my stuff - my laptop is called Ella Mac, my spider plant Granola (my ex-boss named her) and now Nigella, the latest addition to my kitchen! I hope Nigella would be flattered, it is meant as the highest compliment.


I leafed through my three Nigella books for a recipe before finally settling on this one from 'Nigella Express'. Firstly because I liked what they were called. Secondly because thinking that I had left this till the last minute (I thought the deadline was today instead of next Sunday) as well as thinking I had two other things to bake this weekend, I wanted something relatively easy, and thirdly because I liked what they are called. Oh, hang on, I think I said that already ;p You can find the recipe on Nigella's website and I leave you with my pictures.












5 comments:

Sarah, Maison Cupcake said...

These look amazing, I cannot believe I've not noticed this recipe in any of her books before (I assume it's in one of them as well as on the website) so I must look this up and make it. I haven't had a Crunchie for years!

Thanks for taking part in Forever Nigella!

Cake and Socks said...

They look really good!!

Unknown said...

Can you mail me one pls, it looks so yummy:) Lol @ naming all your stuff. I love chocolate too in baked goodies. I love the glassware you have them in too.
P.S.
Sent you an e-mail

Unknown said...

@Sarah, Maison Cupcake: Thank you :) These are from Nigella Express!

@Chinyelu: Thank you!

@Titi's passion: I already mailed you one. Did you not get it? ;p Interestingly the ramekins I've baked them in come free with desserts from a dessert company called 'Gu'. You buy them in the supermarket and the desserts come in this glassware! Cool, huh? :)

Sally - My Custard Pie said...

These look pretty much like the ones in the book - bravo. I've poured over this recipe a few times, you've now made me wonder why on earth I've never actually made it.